The open access journal Nordicom Review is calling for article proposals for its upcoming special issue on Nordic hyperlocal journalism. The issue is expected to be published in late 2018 or early 2019.
The guest editors to the issue have provided a (non-exhaustive) list of topic suggestions. It includes themes such as:
- Appearances of hyperlocal journalism and publishing in the Nordic countries – a comparative approach
- Media ecology and hyperlocal media
- Hyperlocal media and new technical solutions
- The contribution of hyperlocal media to local democracy and civic engagement
- The space for professional journalism in hyperlocal media
Paper abstracts must be submitted by January 12. Acceptance decisions will be communicated by February 16, and full articles must be delivered by the June 1.
The full call for papers is available on the journal’s website.