Oslo and Akershus University College will arrange a two-day conference 2 and 3 of November 2017, in connection with UNESCO’s International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists.
The aim of the conference is to provide practical and theoretical perspectives on safety of journalists in conflict and challenging situations. Both mechanisms creating unsafe conditions, and possible strategies and solutions to will be discussed.
Papers with practical, theoretical, national or international perspectives that critically examine challenges related to the issue of safety of journalists are invited. These include, but not limited to issues such as:
- Education and training
- Legal issues and policy making
- Culture and gender
- Working conditions and media production
- Source protection and the digital era
- Hate speech, defamation and libel
- Journalist roles and fixers
- NGOs and the safety of journalists
Abstracts of maximum 250 words should be sent before 10 August, 2017.
Read more from the full call for papers.