The 2017 China Communication Forum conference is now accepting paper proposals. The conference is entitled “Building on BRICS: Belt and Road Initiative and a new global communication order?” It will take place in Xiamen, China, on the 26th of August 2017. Selected conference papers are planned to be collected into a book.
The conference is interested in the rising prominence of Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa and the effect of their ascendancy on the global media infrastructure. The event organisers have proposed, among others, the following sub-themes:
- Media systems in BRICS countries
- BRICS breaking Western media hegemony?
- Social media in BRICS
- Comparative study of media systems in BRICS and beyond
- Media representations of BRICS by international media
- Media collaboration in BRICS
Paper abstracts are due on the 1st of July, and acceptees will be notified by July 15th.
The full call for papers is available on the Communication University of China’s website.