The Radio Journal is calling for articles for its upcoming special issue on community radio. Entitled “Current roles and contemporary challenges”, the issue is set to publish in October 2017.
The issue is broadly interested in the different conditions community radio operates in around the world. The guest editors of the issue, Judith Purkarthofer (University of Oslo) and Urszula Doliwa (University of Warmia and Mazury), have provided the following (non-exhaustive) list of suggested themes:
- Citizens’ experience of community radio
- Refugees’ and migrants’ experiences with community radio
- Community radio and media disruption
- Community radio policies and practices, both national and international
- The development of community radio in Central and Eastern Europe
- Rethinking the role of community radio in the digital age
The deadline for article submissions is April 1st.
The full call for papers is available online from the Community Media Forum Europe’s website (PDF file), or from the ECREA mailing list archive.